Mission Statement, Aims & Values
Our School Mission Statement:
‘With Jesus, we learn together through faith and love.’
Aims of our Curriculum
For all pupils to:
- Have a Catholic Christian education based on the life and teaching of Jesus Christ, in which the values of the Gospel underpin all aspects of school life.
- To develop and grow spiritually and emotionally
- Become fluent and confident readers and to develop an appreciation and love of Reading whilst gaining knowledge across the curriculum.
- Use excellent basic skills across the curriculum including Reading, writing and mathematics.
- Develop a sense of morality, respect and community.
- Be excited by the curriculum and want to learn.
- Retain key knowledge in all curriculum areas.
- Become independent, resilient and divergent learners so they are ready for secondary school (and beyond).
- Be challenged and make progress across all areas of the curriculum (including disadvantaged pupils and those with a special need and/or disability).
- Have a broad and lasting knowledge of subject specific vocabulary.
- Have a wide range of life experiences that enhance their learning (including trips and extra-curricular activities).
For further information about our Curriculum aims and rationale - please click here.
Whole School Aims
- St. Mary’s to be a family with Jesus at the centre of everything we do.
- All members of the community to be treated with respect and care.
- For all children to be able to develop and grown spiritually and emotionally
- Children to feel safe, happy and secure at St. Mary’s to enable them to learn.
- Everyone in the community will have access to success.
- The learning environment at St. Mary’s will enable all children to reach their full potential and use all their talents.
- Everyone in the community of St. Mary’s will work together to support each other.
- All members of our school have equal opportunities to learn, develop and grow with dignity in a community of mutual respect.
St Mary’s was established in February 1895 and although there has been substantial building development since this time, we have managed to maintain the family ethos that the school is renowned for. We are a one-form entry school for girls and boys aged between 3 and 11 years of age. Our nursery has full time children and part-time children attending. Every other class has a maximum of 30 pupils. St Mary's is a Catholic school in the parish of Our Lady of Lourdes and St Michael, within the Diocese of Westminster. We are heavily oversubscribed, especially since our most recent OFSTED inspection categorised us as 'OUTSTANDING' in every area and Uxbridge M.P, Boris Johnson, stated (2016) that St. Mary's is, "an exceptional London school, achieving excellence, especially for disadvantaged students!"