Our Values and Ethos
Our School Mission Statement:
‘With Jesus, we learn together through faith and love.’
Our aims are for –
- St. Mary’s to be a family with Jesus at the centre of everything we do.
- All members of the community to be treated with respect and care.
- Children to feel safe, happy and secure at St. Mary’s to enable them to learn.
- Everyone in the community will have access to success.
- The learning environment at St. Mary’s will enable all children to reach their full potential and use all their talents.
- Everyone in the community of St. Mary’s will work together to support each other.
- All members of our school have equal opportunities to learn, develop and grow with dignity in a community of mutual respect.
St Mary’s was established in February 1895 and although there has been substantial building development since this time, we have managed to maintain the family ethos that the school is renowned for. We are a one-form entry school for girls and boys aged between 3 and 11 years of age. Our nursery is split into a morning and afternoon session with a maximum of twenty children in each. Every other class has a maximum of 30 pupils. St Mary's is a Catholic school in the parish of Our Lady of Lourdes and St Michael, within the Diocese of Westminster. We are heavily oversubscribed, especially since our most recent OFSTED inspection categorised us as 'OUTSTANDING' in every area and Uxbridge M.P, Boris Johnson, stated that St. Mary's was "an exceptional London school, achieving excellence, especially for disadvantaged students!"
In 2014 we were designated as a National Teaching School (National College). Working collaboratively with our strategic partners we aim to share good practice and learn from each other. Please click here to find out more about the courses and support we have available to local schools.