Home School Agreement
I, the Pupil, will aim to:
- Attend school regularly and on time.
- Wear the school uniform and bring all the equipment I need everyday.
- Take care of all school resources and help keep our school free from litter.
- Try to learn something new each lesson and always do my best.
- Share my feelings honestly and politely and show consideration for others in school.
- Behave sensibly and think before I act so we can be happy and safe as we learn.
- Try to think for myself and take responsibility for my actions and my learning.
- Observe all school rules and treat everyone with respect and care (follow the “Power of One” Friendship Charter”).
- Treat others as I would like to be treated.
St Mary’s Catholic Primary School will aim to:-
- Care for your child’s welfare and happiness in school.
- Provide a balanced curriculum which will develop your child’s abilities and maximise his/her achievements.
- Monitor your child’s progress and keep you informed through meetings and written reports.
- Listen to the concerns that parents may have, and deal with them in the most appropriate way.
- The school will not tolerate bullying and will implement strategies to eliminate bullying.
- Encourage your child to develop a sense of responsibility for him/herself and to build good relationships with others.
- Keep you informed about what is happening in school through regular correspondence.
- Set and monitor homework according to your child’s age and ability.
Parents/Carers will aim to:
- Send my child to school on time every day, and provide a reason for any absence.
- Attend parents’ evenings to discuss my child’s progress.
- Support behaviour and learning and all school policies.
- Read correspondence to stay informed about general school matters and regularly visit the school website.
- Inform the school of circumstances that may affect my child’s work or behaviour.
- Send my child to school suitably dressed and properly equipped.
- Support my child’s homework and read daily. Taking an active interest in his/her learning and progress.
- Ensure that my child is collected at the end of the day promptly and adhere to school’s safeguarding procedures.