The Foreign Languages aims for French in KS2 at St. Mary's are:
- foster an interest in language learning by introducing children to other languages in a way that is enjoyable and accessible to all pupils;
- stimulate and encourage children's curiosity about language and creativity in experimenting with it;
- support oracy and literacy, in particular develop speaking and listening skills;
- help children develop their awareness of cultural similarities and differences;
- lay the foundations for future language study by pupils;
- provide an added perspective on first language teaching and learning;
- give an extra dimension to teaching and learning across the curriculum.
How is the curriculum planned:
Children in Key Stage 2 are taught French by an external teacher, following the My Rising Stars scheme of work. All children are assessed during lessons through speaking and listening opportunities and evidence that is recorded in FL books.
Links to the following documents: