School Council & Eco Committee
Our Pupil School Council
Our Pupil School Council was established to give pupils a greater opportunity to express their views on issues that affect them. This group is made up of two representatives from each class who represent the opinions of other children in their year group. They meet every half term to plan events and to look at how our school can be improved.
Past Achievements Include:
- Planning and designing the markings in our KS1 and 2 playgrounds.
- Brainstorming event ideas for our themed weeks, celebrations and Christmas/Summer Fairs.
- Reviewing school policies including the Behaviour and Lunch Box Policy.
- Fundraising through recycling schemes, cake sales and raffles.
- Accreditation of Eco Schools Award.
- Year 6 writes the agenda and chair meetings.
- Reps are given the agenda to brainstorm their ideas in class.
- Year 6 takes the minutes of the meeting.
- They then feed back to the Senior Management Team.
Eco Pupil Committee
Our Eco School Council (made up of pupil representatives from each class) meets every half term to make our school more environmentally friendly. Currently they have been monitoring our use of electricity and water planning measures to reduce their consumption. The children have conducted a whole school assembly explaining how everybody can help, at home and in school.