At St. Mary's Catholic School we believe that community links are essential in the growth, development and wellbeing of all our pupils. Links with our local community help us to build relationships with groups and individuals who will provide positive role models for our children.
As a Catholic school we have strong links with our parish through our visits to Church and joint celebrations such as our Christmas Carol Service and Summer Fair.
As a designated Teaching School we work collaboratively with local schools providing regular training and other CPD opportunities.
As a part of our Healthy London Award and Eco Schools work we have developed links with a range of outside agencies including:
- The British Heart Foundation (Saving Londoners' Lives Scheme)
- Various projects with Groundwork Trust e.g. Love Local Food Project, Growing for Gold, designing playground equipment for Rockingham Recreation Ground
- BT Volunteers (Good Communication Workshops)
- WWF Green Ambassadors' Scheme
- Healthy Hillingdon Award
- Work with the Hillingdon Travel Team on our Safer Routes to School Gold Award
- EDF Energy - Saving Energy using 'The Pod'
- Police Community Support and London Fire Brigade Education Workshops and Year 6 Citizenship Day
We also work closely with local secondary schools planning Transition Days, pupil visits (including SEN support), Curriculum Taster sessions and joint training/teacher support.