Inclusion Quality Mark (IQM)
During October 2020, we were delighted to be accredited with the Inclusion Quality Mark (IQM). The IQM is a process that our school invested in to ensure that we are as inclusive as possible.
The process involved gathering evidence about the following eight elements:
- The Inclusion values of the school
- The Learning Environment, Resources and ICT
- Learner Attitudes, Values and Personal Development
- Learner Progress and the Impact on Learning
- Learning and Teaching
- Parents, Carers and Guardians
- Governing Body and Management, External Accountability/Support
- The School in the Community
This evidence was submitted to the Inclusion Quality Mark team who examined it and then arranged a one day assessment visit to explore each element in school. This involved carrying out a Learning Walk, talking to parents, pupil interviews and discussions with staff and governors.